History

Trinity House was built as the Parish School for the nearby Holy Trinity Church and operated as such from 1860 until 1969.

In 1984 through a transfer by way of exchange involving Manchester City Council, the Manchester Diocesan Board of Finance and the Parochial Church Council of the Parish of Holy Trinity; Save the Children became the registered owners of Trinity House. They were given the property to provide a Family Centre for the benefit of the local community of Moss Side, Fallowfield, Rusholme and the surrounding area in inner city Manchester. In July 1989 Save the Children received an Urban Aid Grant to carry out alterations and an extension at Trinity House, the extension is to the right of the picture above.

In 1998 the Save the Children Fund announced their decision to withdraw from Trinity House and close the whole project. There followed a campaign to save Trinity House. The campaign was spearheaded by the users and workers at Trinity House and was supported by the local community, our MP Sir Gerald Kaufman, local councillors and Manchester City Council. The campaign was successful and resulted in Save the Children Fund handing over the Trinity House Project to a management committee supported by The Family Service Unit and Manchester City Council. This committee in turn became the registered charity Trinity House Community Resource Centre. (Trinity House CRC) on 4th April 2000 and since that time we have done our utmost to ensure that Trinity House is a valued community asset.

In September 2011 legal ownership of Trinity House transferred to Trinity House CRC from Save the Children. This in turn opened a new chapter in the history of Trinity House, one which has enabled us to expand and further benefit the local community in Moss Side, Fallowfield, Rusholme and the surrounding area in inner city Manchester.